NSFAS Bursary : Who Qualifies and What it Covers ?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government-funded financial scheme that aims to assist students who do not have the financial means to have access to tertiary education in South Africa.
Learn more about NSFAS Bursary when waiting for 2023 applications to open. NSFAS is National Student Financial Aid Scheme aimed at assisting disadvantaged students in South Africa. It provides bursaries for universities, universities of technology and TVET colleges.
- What is NSFAS?
- What does the bursary cover?
- Who qualifies for NSFAS Bursary
- NSFAS Application 2023
- Is NSFAS Open for 2023
- Question time
- Get NSFAS Updates
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who qualifies for NSFAS Bursary
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
NSFAS Application 2023
You may be asking yourself when will NSFAS application for 2023 open, NSFAS said
“Applications have officially closed, continue to monitor our social media platforms for more updates.”Nsfas.org.za
Is NSFAS Open for 2023
No, NSFAS applications for 2023 are not yet open as at September 06. You will be notified when applications are open if you subscribe to this website.
Have you ever applied for NSFAS before? Let us know on the comment below.
Get NSFAS Updates
Allow this site to send you notifications. We will alert you when NSFAS bursary is open.
worldprf.com, your ultimate guide